In a sea of outdoor specialization, having versatile gear as well is a strength. The SITKA Kelvin Aerolite Jacket is a lightweight, compressible jacket maximizes warmth while minimizing bulk. Use it for everything from backcountry hunts and off-season scouting trips to everyday life; it slips comfortably under a shell whenever you need an extra shot of warmth. Synthetic PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation with Cross Core™ technology replicates the aesthetics and performance of down insulation, but with warm-when-wet performance.
- Synthetic PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation with Cross Core™ technology replicates the warmth and compressibility of down, but with the benefit of warm-when-wet performance.
- Lightweight insulation (35% recycled) is infused with silica aerogel, a nearly weightless material that’s composed of more than 95% air and acts as additional thermal insulation. Read more about Aerolite technology here.
- 20-denier polyester face with durable water repellent finish, 20-denier polyester backer.
- DWR finish resists precipitation and prevents face fabric from wetting out.
- Gusseted stretch cuffs allow for smooth, easy layering and unrestricted shooting.
- Fitted hood provides low-profile warmth and concealment; doesn’t obstruct peripheral vision.
- Deep, zippered chest pocket safely stores your valuables.
- Weight: 16 oz.
- Warmth: 3/5
- Packability: 4/5
- Wind protection: 4/5
- Durability: 4/5
- Fit: Product is Standard Fit, designed to be layered for versatility.
WHY THE SITKA KELVIN AEROLITE JACKET
The best thing about synthetic insulation is that it stays warm even in extreme, wet conditions. Until now, that reliability has come at the cost of bulkier and heavier products. The Kelvin Aerolite Jacket harnesses the insulating properties of trapped air to create synthetic insulation that replicates the low-bulk, highly compressible characteristics of down, but with warm-when-wet performance. SITKA designed this go-to, versatile layer to keep you warm when you need it, yet disappear in your pack when you don’t.